Should I make this move or stay still? Have you ever had that feeling that you should have gone left, but you went right anyway? Some call it intuition, others call it a gut feeling, you know it as your instinct. Everyone has it, but many don’t use it half as much as we should. INSTINCT – The Power to Unleash Your Inborn Drive by T.D. Jakes.
What is an instinct? *It is a natural or innate impulse, inclination, or tendency. This is a book about stepping out on faith, seizing the moment and deciding to pursue your passion or be content and impactful where you are. The central theme is to understand your worth, your significance and your value, while being empowered to act. “Too often we limit ourselves and create barriers, visible and invisible, to opportunities around us.”
If you have experienced a setback in your life and/or your confidence and/or self-esteem has taken a hit reading INSTINCT can encourage you to remember that your current circumstance(s) is temporary. Everyone needs a shoulder when uncertainties arise and shoulders can take on many shapes and forms. INSTINCT is full of practical, common sense adages along with many T.D. Jakes”isms.” The author, gives you a roadmap, an outline for you to implement as is, tweak, expand or create your own path to a successful life because “most people are manipulated by the approval of others, the paycheck that supports them, and the lifestyles that has handcuffed them to the brass ring of perceived success.”
THOUGHTS for your SOUL:
- “Anytime you assess someone by who they were without considering who they have become, you are setting yourself up for failure. People change, they evolve.”
- “When instincts are ignored, leaders become followers and followers become unemployed.”
- “We must not hinder our progress by requiring others’ approval for the decisions that we alone must make.”
- “Anytime people don’t know where they stand they either leave physically and/or detach emotionally.”
If you think that this is just another motivational or inspirational book…it is. If you think you’ve heard or read the information shared in INSTINCT before…you have. If you think you know all there is to move you from point A to point B or from settling to fulfillment…you don’t because “if you are too predictable in any area of your life, you may be paving the way to your own extinction!”
Sometimes it takes more than one messenger to deliver the message. Whether you start with personal development or professional development either will benefit from the other. “The message doesn’t change, but the method does” and you have to know what season you are in, in your development. Knowing what season you are in can greatly enhance or hinder your progress and provide you with a place to start.
- Preparing your mind and attitude to be open to opportunities and your instinct (winter).
- Planting your seeds of options, change, and opportunities (spring).
- Blooming and watching the buds grow (summer).
- Harvesting the fruits of your labor (fall).
Nothing beats experience, whether it’s your own or someone else. So remember, “Textbook answers may pass quizzes, but they don’t build companies or churches. Answers on paper do not start companies or manage staffs. Textbook answers don’t build results, but good instincts do!” Take another chance on yourself starting today…Good Luck!!
Let’s BOND over BOOKS rates INSTINCT as MELODICALLY MEANINGFUL (151-300 pgs)…just the right mixture of content and pages.